If you’ve heard of IV vitamins for hangovers, you may have heard the term “banana bag” being used. (No, we’re not talking about a special banana ripening bag, although Amazon does have those available.) So what is a banana bag? And who should get one?
A banana bag is just another term used pretty universally in hospitals for a bag of IV fluids with B-complex vitamins added. When we add the B-complex to the fluid, the solution turns yellow… like a banana. Hence, the term banana bag (hey – we didn’t go into healthcare for our creative naming skills.)
Do you offer banana bags?
When you order our Bronze Package, you are getting a banana bag: 1 liter of normal saline, plus B-complex. This is used as our base package, and it’s perfect for adding in other vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, or even pain or anti-nausea medication.
Who needs a banana bag?
Banana bags are frequently used as a hangover cure – and people swear by them! – but that’s not all they can be used for! Banana bags are great for:
- After a day in the sun/by the pool
- Before or after sporting events
- Great for outdoor workers
- Pre-hydrating for a night out
- Jet lag
- Immune system boost
What’s in B-Complex? Why is it so great?
B-complex is a blend of B vitamins that your body relies upon to perform hundreds of daily functions. These vitamins get depleted quickly by things like stress, dehydration and especially alcohol, so it’s important to replenish them regularly!
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): Depleted by alcohol. Essential for cellular energy production and nerve conductivity. Combats depression, irritability, nausea, muscle weakness, constipation, and peripheral neuropathy.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Depleted by alcohol. Assists cellular energy production and respiration. May help relieve headaches, migraines, and rosacea.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Needed to release energy from carbohydrates, fats & proteins. May help with muscle fatigue, ingestion, depression, insomnia, headaches and skin issues.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): Soothes and supports adrenal glands and wound healing. May help relieve rheumatoid arthritis and lower cholesterol.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): Depleted by alcohol. Known as the anti-stress vitamin. Anti-inflammatory. Aids in metabolism & stabilizing blood sugar. May help with ADHD, weight loss, atherosclerosis & kidney stone prevention. Balances your mood and promotes healthy skin.
Ready for your banana bag? We are ready to help!
We have experienced medics & RNs all over Phoenix ready to come to your home or office & help you feel better. Contact us now to feel better fast!
Click to Call Us: 623-521-5034
Click to Text Us: 623-521-5034
Want the latest specials, news & access to exclusive deals? Join our VIP List!