IV Therapy For Food Poisoning
You’ve probably been there. You ate an undercooked steak, stale sushi or some bad eggs that gave you food poisoning. Food poisoning not only makes you feel bloated, crampy and nauseated — it can also prevent you from going on with your daily routine.
Knowing when to get an IV drip treatment can help you get speedy food poisoning relief and supplement your fluid intake, which is essential for helping your body get rid of any toxins.
Our IV therapy treatments take as little as 30 minutes and can be customized to your condition with fluids, vitamins and medications that can help alleviate your uncomfortable symptoms. Contact Arizona IV Medics to set up an appointment in the comfort of your home, hotel or office!
Symptoms of Food Poisoning
Food poisoning occurs when you eat food that is contaminated with harmful bacteria, viruses, toxins and parasites. Most people develop symptoms 12 to 24 hours after consuming these foods. While extremely devastating, food poisoning generally only lasts a day or two, but it can last a lot longer in severe cases. The main symptoms of food poisoning include:
- Stomach cramps
- Abdominal discomfort
- Mild fever
We recommend getting an IV treatment as soon as you start experiencing the symptoms of food poisoning because prompt treatment can help speed up your recovery. IV therapy is recommended for alleviating the symptoms of food poisoning because it hydrates you, replenishes any nutrients lost through vomiting or diarrhea, and delivers antacid and anti-nausea medications to help calm your stomach and improve comfort.
IV for Food Poisoning Can Help With the Following
IV therapy is by far the most effective treatment for food poisoning. It prevents dehydration, alleviates symptoms and speeds up recovery time so you can be back on your feet as soon as possible. Here’s how it helps:
- Rehydrates instantly: When down with food poisoning, drinking water alone will not help with dehydration. IV therapy is the fastest way to replenish lost fluids and help relieve the effects of food poisoning. Our IV therapy treatments are formulated with the right amounts of fluids, electrolytes, vitamins and minerals to restore balance in your system.
- Provides medication: An IV drip is used to administer medication effectively because it contains a blend of vitamins and medicines customized to your condition. When you’re suffering from the symptoms of food poisoning, our IV therapists will add specific medications to ease vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn and nausea for rapid relief.
- Bypasses the digestive system: When you’re sick with food poisoning, it becomes difficult to keep down any food or fluids in your stomach. At this time, your entire digestive system is under attack, and vomiting may be frequent. By using IV therapy, medication, vitamins, minerals and fluids are delivered directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system to ensure more absorption into the body.
What’s in Our IV for Food Poisoning?
Our food poisoning IV drip treatment contains:
- IV fluids: A sterile solution that provides nutrients to rehydrate your body
- Vitamin B12: A B-complex vitamin that can help boost your mood and energy levels
- B-complex vitamins: A blend of 8 different vitamins that serve a variety of functions including boosting your immunity
- Vitamin C: A vitamin that helps strengthen the immune system
- Anti-nausea medication: Helps ease discomfort in the stomach and abdomen
- Antacid medication: Helps reduce the amount of acid in your stomach while improving comfort and well-being
Schedule Your IV Now
When you’re sick and the most extended trip you’ve made throughout the day is between the bedroom and the bathroom, the thought of going to a hospital to deal with long lines and waiting times seems impossible! Luckily, Arizona IV Medics will come to you.
Booking an appointment with us is easy and quick. We accommodate same-day appointments, and we’re typically at your door within an hour of booking. This fast service is ideal if you’re suffering from any of the various symptoms of food poisoning and dehydration.
If you’ve ever suffered through foodborne illness before, then you understand how important it is to get relief as soon as possible. Call or text us at 623-244-1483, or contact us online to schedule your in-home IV therapy for food poisoning today.