Magnesium IV Therapy
Magnesium is necessary for optimal health, and it’s a vital nutrient that helps with several body functions, including maintaining a healthy and functioning nervous system.
Unfortunately, many people aren’t getting enough magnesium in their diet. One study on magnesium deficiency shows that up to three-fourths of Americans aren’t consuming their daily recommended dose of magnesium. Luckily, Arizona IV Medics offer magnesium IV therapy to boost your intake of magnesium, maintain healthy energy levels in the body and combat fatigue.
A magnesium IV can be given as a standalone treatment. Still, we often administer it as part of the Myers' Cocktail because many patients are often deficient in more than just one nutrient. Cardiac patients receive the regular Myers' Cocktail without calcium.
At Arizona IV Medics, we ensure all our patients receive exceptional IV treatment plans. This starts with the assessment of vital signs by a trained IV specialist who will then identify any nutritional deficiencies and recommend a customized treatment plan for you.
What Is Magnesium?
Magnesium is a mineral found in both plants and animals. It’s the fourth most abundant mineral in the body. Magnesium is essential for several functions such as converting food to energy, breaking down amino acids into proteins, regulating chemicals in the brain and relaxing nerves and muscles.
What Is Magnesium Good For?
Magnesium is good for several purposes, including:
- Treats headaches and migraines: Magnesium is very good at treating headaches and migraines. One study shows that magnesium sulfate administered intravenously relieved up to 80% of headaches in less than 15 minutes. Another study showed that magnesium is beneficial for treating migraines.
- Boosts mood and energy levels: Magnesium is responsible for converting carbohydrates and fats into energy and transporting it to your muscles, along with getting rid of lactic acid for both stellar performance and quick recovery. Another study found that magnesium supplements for athletes boosted their performance and shortened their recovery.
- Combats Type 2 Diabetes: Magnesium is essential for blood sugar regulation. People with diabetes are often magnesium deficient. Likewise, people with high magnesium levels are less likely to develop diabetes. Increasing magnesium intake in the body has been shown to improve the blood sugar levels of those with type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces PMS: Magnesium can help combat PMS-related bloating.
- Helps fight depression: Magnesium helps with proper brain function. Studies have shown that people who are magnesium deficient are likely to be depressed.
Schedule Your Magnesium IV Now
Arizona IV Medics offers magnesium IV therapy in most of our drips, including the Myers' Cocktail. We can also add magnesium to any of our IV drips. When you call us to schedule an appointment, our paramedics will talk to you to understand your needs and come to you within one hour, whether you’re at home, at the office or in your hotel room.
We’ll perform a physical exam and recommend a customized treatment based on your symptoms. The procedure generally takes under an hour. Call or text us at 623-244-1483, or contact us online to schedule your in-home IV therapy for migraine today.