Every year on March 17, St. Patrick’s Day gives us all an excuse to have some outrageous fun and wear green. As with any holiday that involves alcohol, there are always a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to ensure your holiday is as fun and safe as possible.
Tips for Celebrating St. Patty’s Day
If you’re planning a day — or night — out with friends this St. Patty’s Day, follow these top tips to have the best time possible:
- Eat a hearty breakfast: Eating a big breakfast will give you the energy you need to parade all around town on St. Patty’s Day.
- Fuel up throughout the day: Even if you don’t feel hungry as the day goes on, make sure you’re eating snacks every three to four hours. Eating frequently throughout the day will slow down the rate at which your body absorbs any alcohol you consume.
- Stay hydrated: Just like remembering to fuel up, staying hydrated throughout your St. Patty’s Day celebration is essential.
- Drink in moderation: Pacing your drinks throughout the day will decrease your chances of experiencing a hangover the next morning. For women, a moderate amount of alcohol is one drink per day, while for men, it’s two.
- Make sure your phone is charged: St. Patty’s Day can get pretty chaotic with all the crowds and green beer. Make sure to charge your phone fully before venturing out. You’ll need it to let family and friends know where you are — or to call a cab, Uber or responsible driver to take you home. To really play it safe, try sharing your location with friends on the Find My Friends app.
- Don’t go out the night before: Getting a good night’s sleep before St. Patty’s Day will ensure you’re ready for all the excitement the holiday brings — plus being on your feet all day. Your liver will thank you later.
- Make plans for a safe ride home: Whether you designate a driver, stay overnight at a friend’s house or choose alternative transportation, always set yourself up for a safe ride home.
Phoenix St. Patty’s Day Events
If you’re lucky enough to live in Phoenix or are visiting on St. Patrick’s Day, know there is never a shortage of things to do on this fun-filled holiday. A few local events happening around the Phoenix area this St. Patty’s Day include:
- St. Patrick’s Day at Hackett House: Enjoy Irish cuisine, Irish music and green beer at this Tempe Sister Cities St. Patrick’s Day event. The cost is $15 per person or $25 for two.
- Padre Murphy’s annual St. Patrick’s Day party: Starting at 10 a.m. on St. Patty’s Day, Padre Murphy’s will be serving corned beef and cabbage for their annual St. Patrick’s Day Party.
- St. Paddy’s Day Street Fair at Seamus McCaffrey’s: This street fair will feature traditional Irish food, bagpipers and more under the Seamus McCaffrey’s tent from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef Feast at Chompie’s: Celebrate St. Patty’s Day at this bagel bistro with a traditional Irish feast for $21.99 per person from 11 a.m. to close.
- Pot of Gold Music Festival: This two-day festival begins on March 17 at the Gold Music Festival at Rawhide Western Town in Chandler. Daily and two-day passes are available.
Choose IV Therapy From AZ IV Medics
If you do find that you’re experiencing a post-party hangover after a fun-filled St. Patty’s Day, know there’s help. At Arizona IV Medics, we offer in-home IV therapy to help relieve hangover symptoms in the comfort of your own home. We provide supervised IVs for hangovers, such as the Myer’s cocktail, to soothe your symptoms with the vitamins your body needs to recover.
The Myer’s cocktail includes magnesium, B-vitamins, vitamin C and calcium. It’s given by a slow IV infusion to achieve concentrations of nutrients not obtainable with oral administration.
Whether you live in Scottsdale, Tucson, Phoenix, Lake Havasu or Flagstaff, our team of nurses, paramedics and doctors will arrive within one hour to ensure you get the help you need. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help alleviate your symptoms.